Diving Into Functional Programming
26th Apr 2017
So I'm using F# to learn how to do functional programming properly.
So far I've found Scott Wlaschin's website fsharpforfunandprofit.com an amazing resource for getting started. His Thinking Functionally series has helped me solidify many of the ideas in my mind.
I've also started to do some F# katas on codewars.com to test what is actually going in.
Here are a few things which have been really useful
- Professor Frisby's Mostly Adequate Guide to Functional Programming
- Functional Design Patterns Video
- Thinking Functionally Series
- Simple F# Katas on Codewars
- F# Online Editor
- Monads and Gonads talk by Douglas Crockford
These are the areas I want to get clearer in my mind
- Designing functional composition and partial application
- Monads, I kind of get what they are but still it's a bit hazy how to make the most of them when designing code
- Structuring an application
- Usage as a module
- Fable - F# to JS Compiler
- Tom Harding's posts: